Bangladesh emerged as a democratic country on the world map in 1971 after it won the nine months long liberation war against Pakistan. At present, about 160 million people live here in the total area of about 1,47,570 km.
Here is a list of five good thinks that you should know about Bangladesh:
1. Bangladesh is truly a riverine country, surrounded by an assortment of rivers including the Padma, the Meghna, the Jamuna, the Buriganga. Moreover it owns -Cox’s Bazar-, the longest sea beach in the world. This is the best thing that one could possibly ask for in terms of relaxation and tourism. The beach is always crowded with tourists. Another magnificent thing in terms of nature is the Sundarbans. This largest mangrove forest of the south west at the moment is the residence of above 400 Royal Bengal tigers.
2. Bangladesh has an extraordinary variation when it comes to seasons. This land in fact is a playground of a range of seasons. All of its six seasons embellish surroundings in a whole new manner which is a complete souvenir. Each of the seasons comes with abundant fruits, vegetables and breathtaking stunning weather.
3. Bangladesh is a land full of vivid celebrations. Is has rich historical and cultural presence. Bangladeshi people celebrate cultural and traditional festivals throughout the year. Bangladeshis are very apprehensive about preserving their customs. The Bengali New Year, known as Pahela Boishakh that comes on 14th April, is one of the most colorful and widely celebrated events of the year. Besides, there are other events such as Pahela Falgun (beginning of spring),Pithapuli Uthshob ,Nabanna uthshob (celebration in favor of the new crops) etc. The Biggest religious events are Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr”,”Eid-ul-Azha,Durga puja and Christmas. Although majority of the people are Muslims, there is a number of Hindu, Christian and Buddhist people living in Bangladesh. All of the religious events are more or less given equal priority and are celebrated by all that makes the occasions even more delightful.
4. Bangladeshi people are very much friendly and helpful. Foreigners who come to visit Bangladesh often admire hospitality and share the story of how much hardworking & caring they are. This is one of the reasons why tourists love to visit this land over and over again. A significant thing is – Bangladeshis live in joint families. It is in their culture not to live separately, they like it to be together. It is very rare & unusual for someone to live alone or separate from one’s family. This binding leads them to respect the elders and to be friendly with others.
5. The country is rich in agriculture. It is the rivers that fertile the soil and makes it eligible to grow various crops easily. Thus it has made a good industry on rice, tea jute etc. Garments and leather products are the major export earning sectors. Its garment products fulfill the necessity of many of the European countries including USA. Once Muslin and Jamdani clothes were used as luxurious garments in Europe & other countries which were weaved by Bengali weavers. Since then this industry has been expanding and supplying quality clothes worldwide.
The goodness of Bangladesh does not end here. For the visitors, plentiful of sites are there that should not be missed. Such as Nilgiri, Rangamati, Srimongol(tea garden), Bandarban and many more. Rickshaw, which is a tri-cycle, is another popular yet enjoyable ride readily available in all cities.
Additional information on the subject:
যেভাবে স্থানীয় কোম্পানিগুলো বাংলাদেশের অর্থনীতিতে অবদান রাখছে